Safety Tips for the Shopping Season
Posted on Nov 25th, 2011
When going shopping:
- Go with family or friends.
- Lock your doors when getting into your car.
- Leave expensive jewelry at home.
- Keep your purse close to your body, no dangling straps or wear a waist belt.
- Don’t park next to vans or trucks that don’t have windows in the sides or rear.
- Lock your car and note your location.
- Always walk purposefully, keeping aware of your environment.
- Do not walk out of the stores until you: 1. Remember where your car is parked. 2. Have car keys or vehicle remote in your hand.
- Put your packages in your trunk. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Get into your car and immediately lock the doors.
- Check your rear view mirrors occasionally to make sure no one is following you home.
- Note: Criminals look for unsuspecting victims. Example: the shopper carrying packages, fumbling for car keys in a dangling purse, trying to remember where the car is parked and talking on a cell phone not paying attention to your surroundings. Be aware of your surroundings and stay alert.
Be Aware, Be Safe and Enjoy the Holidays!